I am a full-time marketing and organizational consultant and chief marketing officer of MEK Review, a progressive educational company. I specialize in crafting strategic solutions for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and nonprofits to tell their story and build market share.
My blog is about marketing, leadership, and personal development. I share what I’ve learned from my successes, and perhaps more importantly, my mistakes. I generally post twice a week. To stay up to date, subscribe via RSS or e-mail!
My Top Posts
If you’re new to my site, here are a few places to start. These are the top 5 posts in the categories I write about:
- The Two Most Life-Sucking Words I Tell Myself
- How To Steal Time For Self-Development
- An Inside Look At My Personal Growth Plan
- 8 Must Read Definitions of Average
- A Must Try Time Management Tactic
- 7 Leadership Lessons From Fighting With My Wife
- The Crippling Effect of Loaded Words
- How To Maximize 1-on-1 Time with a Leader
- One Kind of Math You Should Forget Today
- The Easy Way To Becoming an Awesome Encourager
- The Greatest Secret Of Successful Marketing
- How To Write Effective Website Copy
- Top 3 Marketing Tips for Solopreneurs
- How To Network At Conferences
- Commanding Attention In Your Public Speaking
You can also check my blog archive for all of my posts or use the search function on the sidebar.
My career has been spent in various forms of public speaking, leadership, ministry, and creativity. Born in California and raised in New Jersey, I grew up an avid artist and writer. Later on I used those passions to help a variety of entrepreneurs and organizations in everything from project launches, product creation, event planning, branding, copywriting, and multimedia.
While getting my B.A. and M.A. I spent a lot of my time as a singer/songwriter. This gave me the chance to travel all over the world, play in front of crowds large and small, and broadened my perspective on life. Traveling ingrained a deep appreciation and respect for culture and people. It’s also been a catalyst for why I speak and consult. I love meeting new people and adding value through my perspectives, skills, and experiences.
My ministry experience has uniquely shaped me for personal coaching, mentorship, organizational leadership, and consulting. I’ve served as a youth pastor, worship pastor, and lead pastor. I have been featured a public speaker and worship leader both in the U.S. and internationally, in front of groups small in number and into the thousands. I care deeply for people and organizations that are making a positive impact on our world.
In my down time, I love reading and movies. My wife Iris and I have been married for eight years, and I’ve successfully made her a fan of all my favorite sports teams! Together we serve part-time as pastors at Harvest International Center, just outside New Brunswick, NJ.